Nursing Officer Job Kakamega County 2018
Nursing Officer/Intern at Kakamega County
Job Group ‘K’
Terms of Service: – Permanent and Pensionable
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An Officer at this level will work under the guidance of a Senior Officer.
Nursing Officer Job Responsibilities
- Assessing, formulating, planning and implementing evidence-based nursing care for client/patient;
- Conducting community health risk assessment and providing outcome based interventions; documenting interventions and nursing outcomes;
- Collaborating and maintaining effective working relationships among interdisciplinary teams to support client/patient and their families;
- Providing holistic care by carrying out risk identification and assessment of an individual throughout the lifespan;
- Creating and maintaining a safe nursing care environment for client/patient;
- Carrying out patient audits to improve client/patient care;
- Carrying out therapeutic communication with the patient/client;
- Participating in quality improvement and quality assurance procedures;
- Performing a comprehensive physical examination within various settings;
- Diagnosing common health conditions and recommending necessary interventions; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the Nursing Officer Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Nursing or Midwifery from a recognized institution;
- Registration Certificate and valid practicing license issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution:
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
NOTE: APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS ARE REQUIRED TO GET CLEARANCE FROM THE UNDERLISTED ORGANISATIONS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER SIX OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the application documents.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100
The position applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of residence in the application.
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at
Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor on or before 14th August, 2018.
All applications should reach this office on or before 14th August, 2018.
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer
Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
NOTE: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted