Clerk Assistant Job Garissa County
Clerk Assistant Job at County Assembly of Garissa
The County Assembly of Garissa is one of the forty-seven (47) County Assemblies in Kenya established under Article 176 (1) of the Constitution of Kenya. Section 4 of the County Assembly Service Act establishes County Assembly service Board which is an institution of exemplary administrative and technical competence. The County Assembly Service Board among other functions constitute offices in the County Assembly service, and appoint office holders.
Pursuant to this objective, the County Assembly Service Board is seeking to recruit highly motivated, visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidates to fill various positions:
Clerk Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Planning and carrying legislative, procedural or committee services;
- Coordinating operations of a group of functions in the Assembly;
- Advising the committees and individual members and other officers on legislative procedure & practices
- Coordinating operations of Assembly chambers;
- Coordinate activities relating to seminars, conferences and workshops. Assisting in ensuring adherence to parliamentary procedure, practice, conventions, tradition and etiquette;
- Research involving search for fresh information/facts by consulting appropriate sources like documents or persons;
- Offering administrative services in the County Assembly Service.
Requirements for the Clerk Assistant Job
For appointment to this position a candidate must be in possession of;
- A degree from a University recognized in Kenya in any of the fields in law, engineering; finance, management, natural resource management, education, planning, development studies, gender studies accounting;
- Demonstrable flair for Commonwealth and Kenyan Legislative procedures;
- Demonstrable interest and commitment to the aims, objectives and principles of a devolved legislature;
- IGood command of spoken and written English and Swahili coupled with demonstrable report writing skills.
How to Apply
Persons interested in filling the above positions should submit applications accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, and other relevant supporting documents.
All applications should clearly indicate the position applied for in the reference line and be addressed to:
County Assembly Service Board,
Garissa County Assembly,
P.O. Box 57,
Applications may also be hand delivered to the Office of the Clerk of County Assembly located at the County Assembly building, along Posta road, so as to reach him not later than the 10th of August, 2018, at 12.00 Noon.