KHRC | Human Rights Monitoring Internship 2017
The Kenya Human Rights Commission (KHRC) is a premier and flagship non-governmental human rights and governance institution in Africa that was founded in 1992 with a mandate of enhancing human rights centred governance at all levels.
Its founders and staff are among the foremost leaders and activists in struggles for human rights and democratic reforms in Kenya and beyond.
The KHRC conducts and provides evidence-based research and analysis on human rights in Kenya, advocates for the full realization of all rights and works with community-based networks across the country to help them organize and mobilize for the attainment of these rights.
The KHRC is seeking young graduates who are looking to gain practical experience in the field of Human Rights.
The successful interns will be spread across our programme and institutional support areas for a period of six (6) months.
At present internship applications are requested in the following programme area:
Human Rights Monitoring
Intern – Human Rights Monitoring
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
Successful applicant will be reporting to the Program Advisor – Human Rights Monitoring
Applicants for the above position should possess the following:
- Applicant should hold an undergraduate degree in Law (LL.B).
- Applicant should have successfully completed studies at the Kenya School of Law.
- Applicant should have demonstrable experience and interest in working on international law, human rights and emergent human rights issues in Kenya.
- Flexibility to undertake urgent travels and work beyond regular office hours on a need basis.
- Ability to undertake research and draft reports
- Excellent in written and spoken English and Swahili
- Keen willingness to learn
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, and Research Skills
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they are highly motivated, possess the ability to follow standard operating procedures, are self-starters and functional problem solvers with the ability to learn.
- Only those candidates that meet the above qualifications will be considered for the internship opportunities.
- Candidates interested in this position should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: INTERN – HRM
- The cover letter should include a brief overview of the candidate’s suitability for the role, including an outline of relevant past research and advocacy experience. CVs should be a maximum 3 pages long and should include relevant past education and experience.
- Candidates are encouraged to visit KHRC’s website to learn more about our work before applying :http://www.khrc.or.ke.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 25th October 2017. Applications submitted past this date will not be considered.
Applications that do not meet the above criteria will not be considered
Apply for Job
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com