2017 Technical Advisor Intern Opportunity [HIV Prevention, Care & Treatment] At ICAP at Columbia University (International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs) – ICAP, Kenya
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Kenya Ministry of Health to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at national, county and sub county levels.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Location : Kisumu
Reporting to the Program Director, the Technical Advisor-HIV Care & Treatment is a member of the senior regional management team and will oversee programmatic activities and site support at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching & Referral Hospital (JOOTRH) for efficient delivery of quality services.
• To oversee the planning, initiation and implementation of HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at JOOTRH
• To provide technical support for the planning and implementation of TB/HIV activities at JOOTRH
• To provide technical support for the planning and implementation of HIV testing services at JOOTRH
• To provide on-going supervision of ICAP-supported HIV care and treatment programs
• To participate in training and mentorship of site facility staff
• To participate in monitoring and evaluation and quality improvement activities
• To liaise with Ministry of Health officials and other stakeholders in coordinating the implementation of the program
• To prepare budgets, work plans, reports and other technical papers
• Degree in Medicine
• MPH, or an advanced relevant degree an added advantage
• At least 3 years of experience with donor-funded health programs
How To Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and referees (either current or former supervisor) should be sent to the Director- Human Resources, ICAP on or before 22 May 2017.
Do not send certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline : 22 May 2017.